Diversified Yacht Services, Inc. is looking for a Service Manager to join our team at the newest, most advanced, state-of-the-art yacht repair service facility.
The Service Manager will supervise all technical activities of the Service Department & Service Yard with all related tasks pertaining to Haul & Launches, scheduling, supervision of service crew and administration duties. In doing this the person must be capable of making technical decisions and direct achievable tasks per vessel.
If selected for this position, you will prepare estimates, effectively manage the schedule on a variety of vessels to ensure timely completion of the jobs, monitor the performance per work order and department, and be an effective liaison between customers, subcontractors, vendors and OEM suppliers to ensure prompt customer service satisfaction and settlement of warranty issues.
The Service Manager will evaluate all parts, materials, equipment and appropriate staff needed per work order, per yacht, per day; complete a daily update of all work in regards to priorities, close of business reports, status reports and job task cards; and review sign-off sheets in the end of the day management review status meeting. The candidate will monitor the various department activities through daily review of current work orders and estimates and effectively incorporate and manage the tasks, and also maintain close contact and a good working relationship with clients and their representatives involved with their service maintenance program.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Some overtime, weekends and holiday work may be required.
To be considered for the Service Manager position you must meet the following requirements:
- Five years marine related experience preferably with gas or diesel marine products, both mechanical and electronic engines, refits, coatings, carpentry, electrical and modern electronics.
- Proven experience in effectively supervising multiple vessels under repair with entire service crews.
- Experience preparing estimates and proposals.
- Experience with scheduling
- Knowledge of overall vessel systems including plumbing, electrical, electronics, and bottom paint applications.
- Computer experience required with the ability to use e-mail programs and Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Topside and bottom coating experience and an understanding of the application process.
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose all aspects of a marine repair facility and expedite and prioritize service/work repair orders to meet on time deliveries.
- Effective customer service and written and verbal communication skills with marine related terminology.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Must possess team leadership skills with safety and housekeeping concerns in mind.
- You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship not available.
We need someone with proven communication skills to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally with management, office staff, technical staff and customers; have a strong attention to detail; be able to analyze and solve problems; and be proficient in Microsoft applications, Microsoft Project experience would be helpful.
To perform the daily work of a Service Manager, you must meet certain physical requirements:
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- Perform prolonged standing
- Ability to turn head from side to side and about the vertical axis
- Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis
- Lift/push/pull a battery weighing 59 pounds without assistance on an occasional basis
- Must have the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing as a minimum includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders and ramps) to access vessels and vessel equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment
- Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (closed toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety lines, floatation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards
- Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions including heat, humidity and sun
- Able to work in an environment where you are occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- Ability to enter small spaces, openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time
- Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands
- Able to utilize adequate visual skills
- Able to work with in an environment where the noise level is usually loud
- Ability to fully extend the arm or arms while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down with tools and/or equipment
- Ability to perceive attributes of an object/materials such as size, shape, temperature and texture
- Observe all safety signs, notices and understand safety procedures, and attend safety meetings
- Close-Toe shoes are required in the entire service facility when walking outside the administration offices, as well as safety glasses and PPE
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this classification.
DYS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.;