Boat Washer and Detailer
Diversified Yacht Services, Inc., the newest, most advanced, state-of-the-art yacht repair service facility in todays yachting world, needs a Boat Washer and Detailer to cosmetically maintain the vessels for our customers.
As our Boat Washer and Detailer you will be responsible for washing and drying the customers vessels, including polishing isinglass, and waxing vessels by hand or with an electric polisher. You will also clean the interior of vessels including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, steam-cleaning carpets and upholstery, and cleaning heads, galley, and the engine room.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- One year auto or boat detailing/washing experience.
- Experience that includes cleaning canvas, stainless steel, chrome, mahogany and teak is preferred.
- Experience working with fiberglass, gel-coat, and top side paint polishing, along with sanding and varnish experience is preferred
The ideal candidate would have an overall knowledge of detailing products that are appropriate for use on boats and have the ability to identify needed products and supplies and work with the parts department to obtain them.
We need a self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised, a professional appearance, and the ability to follow directions in a professional manner. Team player attitude is necessary, along with effective verbal communication skills to work effectively with fellow employees, parts department, management, and occasionally communicating with the customer. Effective written communication skills are also needed to report results of investigations and discoveries and make recommendations to successfully complete repairs.
DYS requires a valid Florida Drivers License with a clean driving record. An unsatisfactory driving record would contain infractions worse than minor traffic violations.
To perform the daily work of a Boat Washer and Yacht Detailer, you must meet certain physical requirements:
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- Perform prolonged standing
- Ability to turn head from side to side and about the vertical axis
- Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis
- Lift/push/pull a battery weighing 59 pounds without assistance on an occasional basis
- Lift and hold overhead 14 lbs on a frequent basis to maneuver a buffer
- Must have the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing as a minimum includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders and ramps)
- Ability to work at heights above 12 feet, while working from a ladder, scaffolding and/or lifts to work on the top part of the vessel
- Able to work on ladders, scaffolding, and on top of the vessels while hauled out
- Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment
- Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles
- Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment and ability to grip and maneuver an electric polisher
- Ability to reach above the head, and have repetitive motion in a circular, up and down, back and forth and side to side motion with upper extremities to work electric sanders and polishers
- Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (closed toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety lines, floatation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards
- Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions including heat, humidity and sun
- Able to work in an environment where you are occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- Ability to enter small spaces, openings and work in confined spaces and hard to reach areas for prolonged periods of time
- Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands
- Able to utilize adequate visual skills
- Able to work with in an environment where the noise level is usually loud
- Ability to fully extend the arm or arms while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down with tools and/or equipment
- Ability to perceive attributes of an object/materials such as size, shape, temperature and texture
- Observe all safety signs, notices and understand safety procedures, and attend safety meetings
- Close-Toe shoes are required in the entire service facility when walking outside the administration offices, as well as safety glasses and PPE
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this classification. Diversified Yacht Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.