For additional information on how we handle your data, see www.LRS.com/privacy
Diversified Yacht Services, Inc., the newest, most advanced, state-of-the-art yacht repair service facility in todays yachting world, needs a Fuel Dock Attendant to provide retail service to our customers in the ship store and at the fuel dock and handle the day-to-day dock responsibilities.
The Fuel Dock Attendant will be stationed in the dock master building where we sell fishing gear, outboard engine parts, boating accessories, and snacks. The person would assist customers with purchases and provide immediate assistance with docking and securing of customer boats arriving for fueling.
This person would also be responsible for regular monitoring of fuel levels for gas and diesel supply tanks and keep management informed on a daily basis of the fuel supply and price changes. Responsibilities also include processing accurate register transactions, re-stocking and maintenance of the ship store inventory while keeping displays neat and organized, communicating with administration regarding accounting, inventory, and end-of-shift preparation and schedules, and performing regular general clean-up and maintenance of the fuel docks and regular general clean-up and maintenance of the ship store.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Cashier and fuel attendant experience preferred with a marina/fuel dock helpful
- Boat knowledge, especially proper docking and tie-up for power and sailboats, is preferred
- Boat knowledge in regards to boating parts, fishing gear, and accessories as well as safety preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to work Friday, Saturday, & Sunday from 7:15 am - 5:15 pm. This position requires you to work 30 hours a weekend and includes some benefits.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge of boating and our surrounding area for boaters, be dedicated to delivering the highest level of quality customer service, and be comfortable informing and selling our services to customers. The ideal candidate would also understand and adhere to local & state laws including all OSHA and environmental regulations regarding spillage, clean-ups, etc. Preference will be given to local candidates.
We need a self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised, a professional appearance, and the ability to follow directions in a professional manner. Team player attitude is necessary, along with effective verbal communication skills to work effectively with fellow employees, parts department, management, and customers. DYS requires a favorable criminal background check.
To perform the daily work of a Ship Store Cashier/Fuel Dock Attendant, you must meet certain physical requirements:
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- Perform prolonged standing
- Lift/push/pull a battery weighing 59 pounds without assistance on an occasional basis
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions including heat, humidity, and sun
- Observe all safety signs, notices, and understand safety procedures, and attend safety meetings
- Close-toe shoes are required in the entire service facility when walking outside the administration offices, as well as safety glasses and PPE
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this classification. Diversified Yacht Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.